Health Care Costs
Projects individual life expectancy and estimates premiums and other out-of-pocket health care costs in retirement, based on client’s unique health situation.
Medicare Means Testing
Reveals how income and portfolio mix of insurance and capital market positions impact higher earners by triggering Medicare surcharges. This application helps advisers recommend products that can reduce a client’s Modified Adjusted Gross Income (MAGI) – and potentially save tens of thousands of dollars in retirement health care costs.
Long-Term Care Costs
Illustrates probability of need, expected length of stay and costs by metropolitan area. Costs are broken down by care setting including home health care, assisted living, and skilled nursing facilities.
Social Security Optimization
Offers advisers potential claiming strategies to suit client needs. Information includes:
- Optimal age to file for benefits
- Available claiming options for them and their spouse
- How much Net Social Security income after Medicare Part B and Medicare surcharge deductions
Retirement Income Optimization
Consumer Facing Applications
- Income replacement ratio
- Snapshot of health care costs
- Map of health care costs by state
Training and Marketing Materials
- In addition to the software, HealthView Asset Management also offers a marketing program with extensive resources and reference materials designed to provide advisers with the knowledge and confidence to broach sensitive retirement planning issues – including budgeting for health care costs – with their clients.
- Personal, 1-on-1 training on these applications is also available